What are the causes of baldness?
Unfortunately, there are many such reasons. Some of them are caused by a general violation of the state of health, but most often these are, of course, genetic factors.
Under the general, physiological prerequisites for alopecia, we understand primarily the negative consequences of taking medications, hormonal changes or an unbalanced diet. In this case, it should be understood that in most cases, baldness is a consequence of the genetic sensitivity of hair follicles to male hormones – androgens (androgenic alopecia).
Before studying the causes of hair loss, it is not superfluous to recall the normal process of hair renewal. About 10% of our hair is in the phase of hair loss, and this level is quite normal. Of course, the value of 10% can vary, but, on average, this percentage corresponds to the natural cycle of hair growth. If the percentage of hair loss significantly exceeds ten to fifteen percent, this may be an indicator of the process of baldness.
When you identify the reason of baldness in your parcticular case you should start treatment as soon as possible. In additional to medical procedures we suggest you use Asami Hair Grower. It`s a spray fo hair and head skin that helps to restore hair and resolve the problem of baldness. Read the Asami hair grower review for more information about this product. The main ingredients of Asami are:
- Biocomplex of Panax Ginseng;
- Castor oils;
- Vitamins and minerals.
Apply Asami spray on the scalp 2-3 times a week after shampooing. Rinse off is not necessary. The result will come in about a month of use. If the expected effect did not appear, then your problem is in hormonal imbalance or metabolism. See a doctor.
Here are the main reasons leading to hair loss:
- Physical injuries and injuries – for example, surgical interventions, as well as serious diseases that can cause hair loss at a certain stage of life. Alopecia in this case is a reaction of the body to physical exposure and stress, and can also be a consequence of medications used to treatment. In these cases, after the normalization of the state of health, the hair is restored, regenerated.
- Hormonal fluctuations can also cause baldness or partial hair loss. In this case, the hair also recovers some time after the normalization of the hormonal background. The most common example is pregnancy. After childbirth, the level of the hormone progesterone is disturbed, which is the reason for the loss within a few months (about three to six), after which the hair is restored. Another example is dysfunction of the thyroid gland, in which case specialist treatment is necessary. In some cases, the hormonal background can be corrected by taking the appropriate drugs (as directed by the doctor).
- Baldness in women can also be caused by the habit of wearing tight hairstyles, tails, kicking and so on, as well as using stilettos and fixers on a rigid basis, which, over time, thin the hair and damage the hair roots. Constant tension, curling, staining, styling with a hot hairdryer and forceps (irons) injure the hair follicles and they cease to function normally. Hair loss for the described reason is often irreversible.
- Medication and medical treatment. There are a number of medications that cause baldness. Usually, these are potent drugs indicated for severe illnesses, such as anticoagulants, drugs for the treatment of cancer and chemotherapy, antidepressants, and even vitamin A (if the dosage is exceeded). This list also includes anabolic steroids, and other drugs that have a long-term effect on the body. When taking such medications, you must carefully study the possible side effects and contraindications for use.
- Severe diseases – diabetes, HIV and others can trigger baldness. Therefore, it is very important to diagnose the causes of hair loss – baldness can be an indicator of a related disease. Hair loss due to illness can be irreversible.
- An unbalanced diet and a long stay on strict diets, strictly restricting the intake of a whole set of nutrients in the body, as well as a lack of vitamins and minerals leads to a general deterioration in health and hair loss. In this case, by adding the missing ingredients to the diet and using vitamin complexes to maintain health during the diet, the hair is restored.
- Poor physical fitness, a sedentary lifestyle, and physical inactivity also negatively affect the health of hair and scalp. The accumulated fat blocks the smallest vessels supplying the follicles with blood, and also stimulates an increase in the level of testosterone, which is later transformed into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone that provokes androgenetic alopecia in people with a genetic predisposition. Physical exercise improves the general condition of the body and, indirectly, prevents baldness.
- Stress – can be both a cause of baldness and graying of hair. The exact relationship between hair loss and stress is unknown, but stress is associated with the activation of the process of androgenetic alopecia or its significant increase.
- Poor condition of the scalp – skin diseases such as eczema or psoriasis can cause baldness.
- Bad habits – such as alcohol abuse, smoking, drug addiction also disrupt the natural processes in the body and can lead to alopecia.
- The negative impact of the environment – electromagnetic fields, toxic substances in water or air, increased radiation background. Hair loss in this case can be a dangerous signal of a general deterioration in health. Of course, all of the above reasons negatively affect the overall health of the hair and scalp and we can conclude that there are a lot of factors affecting hair loss. However, most of the above factors can be eliminated by appropriate therapy or lifestyle changes.
- The main reason most often lies in another – genetically programmed degradation of hair follicles under the influence of DHT.
Unfortunately, from a medical point of view, this cause cannot be completely eliminated, but you can and should help your hair fight for life with the help of modern drugs, and this is exactly what the products offered to your attention in our store are for.
How to stop hair loss?
Modern cosmetology has come up with several effective and efficient methods of treating alopecia – each of them has its own advantages.
A specialist trichologist will make the necessary analyzes and, depending on their result, will advise the necessary method for restoring the hairline.
First of all, the trichologist at the reception will diagnose the problem. To do this, the scalp is examined under a magnifying glass and sometimes on a special device – a trichoscope. This device also allows you to track the effectiveness of treatment in dynamics. In addition, a spectral analysis of the hair is carried out, which allows you to establish a shortage (or excess) of certain trace elements in the body. Trace deficiency can and should be corrected with the help of special medicines.
The treatment method is selected based on the stage of the disease, the characteristics of the patient’s body. The wishes of the patient himself are also taken into account.
Estrogen Artist Annie Minogue is set to have songs from her latest CD “Home” featured in the new installment of MTV’s “The Real World”. The series is being filmed in New Orleans at the end of January, and will air in May. Annie became involved after Wilson Yau, the music supervisor for the series discovered Annie on the website The Global Muse and contacted her. In time, Annie sent Wilson 12 tracks to choose from, including new versions of the songs “Paper Doll” and “Sorry For Goodbye”. All 12 tracks may be used in the show. “Paper Doll” is currently being used as a news theme in Japan, and Randy Travis, Leeann Rimes, Faith Hill and Trisha Yearwood are all considering recording “Sorry for Goodbye”.Read More “Real World Accolades For Annie Minogue”
Estrogen artist Ember Swift has been busy, releasing two albums in December alone. They are titled “The Wage is the Stage” and the EP “SnapShots”. To find the albums, visit Festival in Canada, and Goldenrod or Ladyslipper in the US.
Ember will be making a round-trip tour of Ontario, Quebec, New York and Michigan in January, beginning January 23rd at the Reverb in Toronto, and ending at the Reverb on February 9th, where she will be performing at the CD release party for the compilation CD “Consider This”.
Ember will then embark on an Australian tour, which will include the Sistajive festival and the Frankston Guitar festival. This will be Ember’s first overseas tour, and begins February 20th and ends April 10th. Ember will also be performing at two International Women’s Day events and hopes to perform with Penelope Swales at a special release party. Also, Ember will be performing as a duo, instead of the usual trio because her drummer won’t be on the tour. Ember writes, “I’m looking forward to the duo experience and I’m sure we’re going to ‘ROCK OUT’ in our own way!”.Read More “Ember Glows In Australia”
Estrogen Artist Edie Carey has received a number of accolades recently. First of all, she was chosen as one of Femmusic.com’s top five solo artists of 2000. She received a stellar review from Music Dish. Edie will also be featured in the March, 2001 issue of MusicAlive in the Cool Careers column. MusicAlive is an educational magazine and CD that is distributed to high school music students. Also, “Fall or Fly”, from Edie’s latest CD “Call me Home”, has been selected as one of the 15 best written songs of the 2000 Abet Music Songwriting Contest. “Fall or Fly” is set to be on CDBaby.com’s Top Sellers Compilation. And finally, Edie has been chosen to perform at the 2001 National Convention for the National Associated for Campus Activities, which takes place this February in Nashville, Tennessee.Read More “Live from New York, it’s Edie Carey”
Estrogen Artist Jenny Bruce and Estrogen Gear Dept specialist Mia Theodoratus are among the seven performers at an Indiegrrl showcase in New York on January 24th. As well, Mia is also tentatively set to perform at the Grrlxgrrl Fest in March in Texas. Both shows promise to be excellent. For more information about these and other Indiegrrl events, visit the Indiegrrl website. Indiegrrl was started in May, 1998 by Holly Figueroa.Read More “Estrogen’s Indiegrrls”
An association of San Francisco lawyers, calling themselves the ‘The Internet Lawyers Group’ started the process of filing a class action lawsuit against Napster last week, claiming the service has affected the income of thousands of independent musicians. The Group’s arguments are not much different than those employed by the major labels in their attempts to force the closure of Napster. However, the Group insists that the situation is even more dire for independent artists, as the “market uncertainty” caused by Napster’s free file-sharing is causing the majors to be more hesitant in signing new acts, and acts in “non-mainstream” genres. The Group is awaiting the decision of the court, which will determine if they can proceed with their proposed class-action lawsuit.Read More “Suing To Save Independent Music”
his year’s John Lennon Songwriting Contest. It was Holly’s song “Just Fine” that placed in the top ten in the pop category. There are 3000 submissions each year for the pop category alone. This international contest was created to recognize the art of songwriting and give artists opportunities in the music business as well as monetary awards.
Also, Holly has been receiving many stellar reviews, both online and in print. Click here to read the Alternative Music Press review of Holly’s CD “City Girl”, which features the words “brilliant” and “original” in the first paragraph.Read More “Holly Long Named Runner-Up”